Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[REVSHARE] Seeking C#/2D Art/UI skillsets for 2D-hex wargame (updated Oct-17)
Unity 
Building a team for the development of strategic and operational war games. Any good vision requires the sight to see beyond what's in front of you. Whether you're a fan of the genre, or just looking to fill out that resume a little, this could be the project for you.

So, why volunteer your time to this project over any other?

Firstly, the vision is robust in guiding the approach to developing the game. As I am the dedicated game designer, you will not be asked to research and design parts of the game, allowing you to focus on your skill-sets. The current GDD is over 25 pages, while that in itself is not an accomplishment, it goes to show that thought and even some refinement has gone into the project already.

Secondly, there is a working plan beyond just the game's development. Groundwork is being laid for future marketing, crowdsourcing campaigns and a commercial business model. With business experience in my background already, my approach here is based on a solid foundation.

Thirdly, I value your time as I do my own. Volunteer however many hours a week you want. While the positions are unpaid at present, I am looking at kickbacks after a successful crowdsourcing campaign, in addition to the profit-share options.

The short-term plan is to develop the game as much as possible over the next three months, splice together a demo video and launch a crowdsourcing campaign. If you're able to commit for three months, by the end we will have a better picture of the game's viability. After which, you can assess for yourself whether to continue with the project or move on.

Current progress, while still barebones, has two programmers onboard in a part-time capacity coding various mechanics. I myself am here in a full-time capacity. We are looking for a host of skill-sets, from C# programming to 2D designers, UI, AI and multiplayer networking.

Take some time to consider, and feel free to explore this more. I am more than happy to sit and discuss the project, and answer any questions you have.

Thank you for your time

J Johnson