Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PAID] Full Body Motion Capture Service for Unreal Engine 4, Unity and Cryengine
Unreal 
Hello everybody,

The main purpose of the setup I created is to provide affordable Motion Capture animations, using IKinema Orion+Vive Trackers ( for full body tracking ) combined with the Noitom Hi5 VR Gloves ( for fingers animation ).

Vive Trackers are used onto the entire body, specifically:

- 1 on the Head
- 1 on the Hips
- 2 on Hands
- 2 on Elbows
- 2 on Feet

The animation data is being streamed from IKinema Orion to UE4, and using a custom Animation Blueprint, the Noitom Hi5 VR Gloves are streaming the data directly within UE4, and both data are combined together in realtime using the Animation Blueprint.

Animations are recorded at 60FPS, using the UE4 Mannequin as main skeletal hierarchy.

Animations are recorded without any additional cleanup done in an external software, so the animations are "raw", and for each animation 2-3 takes will be performed.

In order to use the Full Body Motion Capture Animations onto Unity and Cryengine characters, the animations are exported into Motion Builder, so that the FBX will be ready for cleanup and retargeting ( see video example for the Unity character below ).

Skills:
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Unity
  • Cryengine
  • Maya 
  • Motion Builder

Past Work:
  • City of Titans Character Creator
  • Ship of Heroes Character Creator + Motion Capture
  • Custom Mocap Solutions ( Wireless VR )
  • VR solutions for the industry ( engineering, security simulations,virtual training )
  • Character Rigging using ART Toolkit for Maya ( for lots of users on the UE4 forum )

Portfolio:

Sample FBX file of IKInema Orion + Noitom Hi5 VR Gloves

Full Body Motion Capture Animation for Unity

Sample FBX for the Challenger Character from Adam 

Availability, Payment and Location:
  • Based in Italy
  • Price for animations are 15€ each, but a discount is provided if the q.ty is above 30+ animations ( price will drop to 12€ per animation )
  • Available for on-site Motion Capture Service ( Italy and around Europe only ), travel and accomodation to be added in the invoice
  • For invoices over 500€ it will be 50% after the job is confirmed by the customer ( signed invoice to be sent back ), 50% at job completed
  • Not available for Royalties or pay-when-the-project-is-done jobs
  • Integration of the entire setup for VR projects, including interactivity and custom solutions

E-mail: esposito.n@enter-reality.it[/url]

If you have any specific questions regarding the setup or technical related questions feel free to ask!

Best Regards,

Nicolas Esposito
[url=www.enter-reality.it]www.enter-reality.it
Very interesting. Does this displace traditional hand-animations?

Do you have any experience with weapons eg. shooting, reloading?

I need to get these animations done:

- Shooting, working the pump, reloading pump-action shotgun eg. Remington Model 870
- Shooting, reloading sawn-off double-barrel shotgun
- Shooting, reloading revolver eg. Taurus 44

It would be cool if you had some airsoft guns etc. to mimic the hand positions for the real weapons
Hi Richard,

Thanks!

I was thinking to get some prop guns and rifle in order to do some shooting animations, so if within next week I'll get both I'll upload some samples for you to check.

Regarding your question, the hand animation is completely driven by the VR gloves, so they match to what the fingers and wrist are doing, but please keep in mind that for things very specific and accurate, some polishing ( small or major ) needs to be done in order to have the animation to look ok, otherwise you could end up having some intersecting of the geometry with the finger, or the fingers not gripping properly the gun.
Any updates on your prop guns?
(06-22-2018, 03:31 PM)Richard_E Wrote: Very interesting. Does this displace traditional hand-animations?

Do you have any experience with weapons eg. shooting, reloading?

I need to get these animations done:

- Shooting, working the pump, reloading pump-action shotgun eg. Remington Model 870
- Shooting, reloading sawn-off double-barrel shotgun
- Shooting, reloading revolver eg. Taurus 44

It would be cool if you had some airsoft guns etc. to mimic the hand positions for the real weapons

(11-17-2018, 02:46 AM)Richard_E Wrote: Any updates on your prop guns?

Hi Richard,

I've been busy with some projects lately, so I wasn't able to buy the guns and make any progress, but since black friday is almost here, I'll probably gonna buy some shotguns/pistols/rifle/swords, in order to have a variety of props to use during mocap :)